- 3M’s best-performing rubbing compound for removing P1200 or finer sand scratches
- Formulated for a broad range of user conditions without sticking or leaving residual film
- Smooth-handling compound reduces powdering and leaves a refined finish on all auto paint surfaces
- Holds better on compounding pads for reduced sling, mess and cleanup time
- Part of the 3M™ Perfect-It™ Paint Finishing System for showroom grade finishes
3M™ Perfect-It™ EX Rubbing Compound is our best-performing rubbing compound for removing P1200+ sand scratches and surface defects in auto surfaces before polishing. It is formulated to perform in all conditions, including high heat and humidity, without sticking to panels or leaving film residue. It delivers a longer working time, yet still reduces sling for easier cleanup in collision repair.
Longer Working Time, Easier Cleanup Even in Extreme Conditions
As part of a complete system for creating showroom-grade finishes, our 3M™ Perfect-It™ EX Rubbing Compound is the ideal compound for the critical pre-polishing stage in collision repair. This fast-cutting, fine-finishing compound removes fine grade (P1200 or finer) sand scratches and small surface defects on automotive painted surfaces. It is formulated for longer work times, even in extreme conditions — especially important in places where heat and humidity are common inside or outside of the shop. The rubbing compound won't become sticky during use or leave a powder or film residue that can cause rework. Yet it holds on the compounding pad, reducing the mess, waste and cleanup time associated with sling.